Perfect Strangers, Perfect Time

If you were old enough to watch television in the late 80’s, you would probably remember a sitcom on RPN 9 (if you lived in the Philippines; ABC if you lived in the US) about a struggling photographer, living on his own in Chicago for the first time, and his distant cousin, a recent immigrant from Mypnos. I can remember a lot of TV shows as a kid and Perfect Strangers, with Larry Appleton and Cousin Balki Bartokomous, was one of my favorites.

As I was whiling away the time tonight, I remembered this TV show and, of course, googled it. This gave me almost everything I needed to refresh my memory. Then I also remembered the show's opening theme, with the staccatos in the opening sequence and the synthesizers (and David Pomeranz's voice) that's signature 80's. A short search through youtube and google, a quick upload on imeem, and voila! I give you “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now."


Nothings Gonna Stop Me Now - David Pomeranz

Listen to the lyrics carefully. It took awhile for me to understand why, for some reason, this song popped into my head but I figured out the serendipitous happenstance. Something big is gonna happen next week and this song just came at the perfect time. For good or ill, I’ll write more in the next few days.

Comments

The Fish said…
karl where are you?
karlmd said…
Still in the US, waiting for that which I came here for. Hehe. I'm coming home on March 27.
The Fish said…
No i meant which state?
karlmd said…
I'm currently in Washington, DC/Maryland but I'll be back in San Francisco by the end of this week (around March 20). San Francisco's been my home base since December. Why? Are you here?
The Fish said…
wish i was! haha
thought you were in texas because of the previous post.
in short, wala lang. :)
karlmd said…
Oh. HAHA! There was a few hours layover at Houston before we flew up to DC.

Popular Posts