A Picture Exercise

Got this from The Tangled Web. I thought it would be a nice look back through the past almost-28 years. I've included explanatory notes in some of them, but I'm leaving some for you to figure out.

Here we go:

1. A picture of you in your room - c/o Photo Booth (note my Starbucks mug collection in the background)

2. A picture of you very drunk - I have never been drunk so I just imagined I might look like this if that happened (c/o Photo Booth)
3. A picture of you on your birthday, or your favorite holiday - my 27th birthday dinner with med school friends, I believe.

4. The youngest picture you can find of yourself in digital form - This photo was used as the cover for my 5th (and my brother's first) birthday party.
5. A picture of you in one of your favorite outfits - my favorite traveling attire, a comfy Gap cotton shirt.
6. A picture of you making a goofy face at the camera.
7. A picture you might have edited to make yourself more attractive - keyword: might.
8. A picture of a night you regret - well, not really regret but I was very sad then.
9. A picture of you being truly yourself - with family at John Hay.

10. Your most recent picture - taken just before I posted this.
11. A picture of you being absolutely ridiculous - c/o Photo Booth
12. A picture of you showing off a new haircut/color - ID pic for residency application
13. A picture of a time in your life that's over, but you wish it wasn't.
14. A picture of a time in your life that's over, and you couldn't be more thankful that it is - UP Biochem, doing thesis lab work

15. A picture of you when you were anything but happy - My very first major allergy attack (I was still smiling at this time; I wasn't 10 minutes later)
16. A picture of you that you had no idea was being taken - Thanksgiving 2008 (photo courtesy of Jaemie Santiago)
17. A picture of you when you were a different person that you are now - with college friends

18. A picture of you with someone you love - with the people I love the most

19. A picture of how you'd like the world to see you

20. A picture that describes how you'd like to spend everyday.

21. A picture of a time when everything was changing - On the flight to the US, October 2008.

22. A picture that makes your heart hurt - This 6-month old baby had to undergo a major heart operation because of a congenital defect. Here, the anesthesiologists are having a hard time starting an IV line on her.
23. A picture that makes your heart smile - My nephew, Ady, a few months old. That's my finger.

24. A picture of one of the best days/nights in your life

Here's the list, if you want to do this on your blog too:
1. a picture of you in your room
2. a picture of your very drunk
3. a picture of you on your birthday, or your favorite holiday
4. the youngest picture you can find of yourself in digital form.
5. a picture of you in one of your favorite outfits.
6. a picture of you making a goofy face at the camera
7. a picture you might have edited to make yourself more attractive
8. a picture of a night you regret
9. a picture of you being truly yourself
10. your most recent picture.
11. a picture of you being absolutely ridiculous.
12. a picture of you showing off a new haircut / color
13. a picture of a time in your life that's over, but you wish it wasn't
14. a picture of a time in your life that's over, and you couldn't be more thankful that it is.
15. a picture of you when you were anything but happy
16. a picture of you that you had no idea was being taken
17. a picture of you when you were a different person than you are now.
18. a picture of you with someone you love.
19. a picture of how you'd like the world to see you.
20. a picture that describes how you'd like to spend every day.
21. a picture of a time when everything was changing.
22. a picture that makes your heart hurt.
23. a picture that makes your heart smile
24. a picture of one of the best days/nights in your life

Comments

Unknown said…
what were u allergic to?...
and... advanced happy birthday! :))
karlmd said…
I'm actually not very sure. For breakfast that day, I ate some crab omelet and I already felt itchy the whole morning, but no large hives or breathing discomfort. Then for lunch, I ate some Binagoongang Lechon Kawali from C2 in Shangri-La. Immediately after, that's when the huge red pantals came out and then, in the car, I started to feel something funny in my breathing (or maybe because I KNEW it might happen, I started to imagine it...). So I asked them to buy some Diphen IM and Kevin injected it to me. It was his first IM injection so I forgive him that he gave it too low on the arm (hindi na deltoid, sa junction ng delt and bicep so nasa tendon area) that I can still feel the pain several weeks after. Haha.

Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Not sure what the other foods are, but crab meat can react on a person. I remember as a child eating crab and I had just about the same symptoms - minus the breathing problems. After that, I couldn't eat crab for many years. I can, now, though, which is a good thing, because I LOVE it! :0) Guess I out-grew the sensitivity, or maybe restuarants developed better, safer ways of processing the crustacean.

I took a course in an HACCP ServeSafe food safety program a few years back. My study book lists a variety of ills caused by insufficiently processed fish, stating histamins as one of the toxins. There are other illnesses caused by fish who eat algae that carry toxins, too.

So many ways to kill yourself by going out to eat! LOL

And, of course, I had to google crab allergies/food-born illnesses. I found this re: your reaction - http://www.wdxcyber.com/ngen22.htm

Rene' P.
karlmd said…
LOL! Thanks Mrs. P!
annapie said…
favorite ko ung #15 mo. heeheehee. =)
JenMP said…
There's no explanation for #13, so now I'm curious! And #18 is such a great photo!
karlmd said…
Jen, reading the "fine print" in #13 should tell you a little bit more about that. Re #18, thanks!
The Fish said…
Cool!

That allergy pic -- hilarious! :)

(as in tumawa talaga ako ng malakas)
Josette said…
this picture exercise sounds interesting...i'll try to create on..

Popular Posts