Catching up on current (WWW) events

A woman was filming the landscape from her balcony as heavy rain was pouring down.  On her left hand was the camera and her right hand was holding on to a metal railing.  She was struck by lightning and survived unscathed (I have a bit of doubt about that but I'd have to review my physiology textbook and I'm too lazy for that now). Here's the video.  It would be pretty funny if it wasn't so harrowing for that woman.  My favorite comment by one of her friends: "Oh my god, I was laughing hysterically until I realized that it actually struck YOU! Now I am feeling totally morose. Can you imagine if we'd lost you?? I'm so glad you're okay."  

Okay, okay.  I admit it.  I laughed pretty hard.  :-)

***
Forget Michael Phelps and his run for 8 gold medals for a minute.

Ryan Lochte, world-record-breaker and 2-time swimming gold medalist for the US in the Beijing Olympics, said he's been eating McDonald's almost every meal since he got to Beijing. So much for Super Size Me.

All links via kottke.org.

Comments

Popular Posts