The Nominations are out

for the Oscars 2008.  Some interesting points (and my thoughts):
  • For best film: Atonement, Juno, Michael Clayton, No Country for Old Men, and There Will Be Blood.  I'm interested to see at least one of them: Atonement.
  • Johnny Depp (Sweeney Todd) and Viggo Mortensen (Eastern Promises) are nominated for Best Actor.  Others: George Clooney, Daniel Day Lewis, and Tommy Lee Jones.
  • Cate Blanchett is nominated twice, in 2 separate categories.  Wow.
  • Casey Affleck is nominated for supporting actor, for Jesse James.  Brad Pitt, the lead, is not on the list.  Jesse James is also a film I want to see.
  • My vote for Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille, of course.  It's my favorite Pixar movie (Finding Nemo's a close second).
  • Allan Menken and Stephen Schwartz are nominated thrice: 3 songs from Enchanted.  Yes, I've seen the film (with my dad -- haha!) and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Most nominated films (8 each): No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood.  Atonement and Michael Clayton have 7 nominations each.  And (surprise, surprise) Ratatouille has 5. 
The Awards presentation will be on 24 February 2008.

Comments

Popular Posts