Stormy Week

This past week, I've been living off a suitcase. I went to sleep in my dad's room in a nice hotel. They had a week-long Asian Leaders' Conference. Delegates from all over Asia and the United Stated came to Manila for this. I wanted to help out in the conference but I didn't think I could because I had school. That was until the typhoon Yoyong came to wreak havoc in Luzon. I only had class on Tuesday and then classes were cancelled on Thursday and Friday (I do not have any class on Wednesdays). It was a terrible thing to hear about the loss of lives and property brought on by the super typhoon. And it kind of made me feel a little guilty that I was staying in a hotel when people, soaked in rain and flood, lost their houses before their eyes.

Yesterday, Saturday, the culminating event of the conference and the year-long anniversary of my dad's ministry was held at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). We expected about 3-4 thousand people to be there. But a lot of people couldn't make it because of the damaged roads and bridges due to the storm. I was told there were about 1,200 people there yesterday afternoon. But it was amazing to see how people from all over came to support the ministry my dad was heading. It was such a God-glorifying event. Later that night, we had dinner at the Westin. It was a special dinner for the ALC delegates and special EE friends (about 350 people). It was a fitting end to months of preparation and nerves and a successful show. Soli Deo Gloria!

Comments

Popular Posts