Starbucks Lover

Starbucks is one of my favorite places in the entire world. Bring me to any branch and I would feel right at home. Some people reading this might think I'm being pretentious. I assure you that I am not. My closest med school friends would tell you that I am a coffee lover (not an addict!). I love everything about it ... the smell, the caramelly bitter taste, the heat it emits on my palate, the texture of it on my tongue. So to be in a place where all the senses experience coffee is nothing short of wonderful. I am also a Starbucks loyalist. In fact, I can study better in a Starbucks cafe than in my own bedroom. The sight of my comfy bed lulls me to sleep so I don't really get to study much in there.

Today, I was able to do something I haven't done for the longest time. With a Starbucks drink within my reach, I read a pocket book in Starbucks -- not Harrisons or Schwartz or Adams (for the clueless: they're all authors or medical textbooks). I read Ludlum (my all-time favorite writer). I'm a regular at Starbucks Pearl Drive every Saturday. But all I do then is read my textbooks. I have missed just relaxing and putting my feet up on the green couch and just read a novel as time slowly passed me by. In fact, I just realized that I have missed reading a book for the sake of reading it. I guess that's the price I have to pay for the white coat. But I don't regret it one bit. I will have all the time I need to read all the books I want when I retire. But retirement's a topic for another post. ;-p

My Top 5 All-time Favorite Starbucks Drink
  1. White Chocolate Mocha - hot (sometimes with hazelnut syrup)
  2. The hot drink they have only during the Christmas season, Hazelnut something... (help!)
  3. White Chocolate Mocha - iced
  4. White Mocha Frappuccino
  5. Double Shot - Caramel

Comments

JenMP said…
Hey Karl, I'm right there with ya as far as Starbucks being the best place to study. I don't think I like coffee even half as much as you do though! Oo, but my favorite coffee so far is Florentina (I think that's what it is). If I'm correct, it's a specialty coffee so they don't sell it regularly. So far I've only seen it in one store. Man, you really like your white chocolate tho! The white mocha frapaccino is my favorite too, but with caramel sauce smothering the whole inside of the cup. I'm a major sweet-tooth. I don't really like any of the hot drinks tho... I can't stand the taste of espresso. Hm... not sure what the Christmas drink you're talking about is. I know they had toffee nut lattes around Christmas, but then that became a year-round thing. Anyway, sorry I can't help ya out there.

Popular Posts