From Xanga: Thursday, June 17, 2004

FEELING SICK

I'm at the computer lab of the school right now, waiting for a lecture on Plastic Surgery to start. I feel like I'm coming down with something. I might have caught a virus and in medical linggo, I have body malaise and fatigue. No headache, no nausea or vomiting. Nothing painful. I just feel plain rotten.
I feel it might have something to do with the fact that I've eaten fried chicken for more than a few times this week. And from the same store called JQK Chicken. It's a small stall along dusty Dapitan. It's rather very tasty and your PhP50.00 will buy you chicken breastS. Yes, with an S. They give you both chicken breasts. The salt content could probably give someone an acute attack of Renal Failure or a Hypertensive Crisis.
My classmate says it might be due to the fact that I do not drink any vitamin supplements, not even Vitamin C. A lot of people (my dad is one staunch proponent) believe that Vitamin C is a wonderdrug that will cure all diseases. Well, of course, that's an exaggerated statement. But I don't think Vitamin C can help any especially if you're up against a virus. I like to think of it as exerting an enhanced placebo effect. Or, my classmate goes on to further say, that it may be due to the fact that I lack sleep. I've slept four hours a night the whole year last year and I never got sick. She pointed out that I haven't adjusted to the schedule of school, especially since I had 10,000 hours of sleep a night last summer.
Whatever it is, I feel rotten. I'll probably have a snapping reply to anyone who will get in my way today. That's not such a good thing since people are bound to ask me questions as I am class president. When you feel as rotten as I do, I guess even the prettiest flower or the most gorgeous girl will seem as ugly as an orangutan (I can't think of anything more ugly than that right now).

Comments

Popular Posts