From Xanga: Saturday, June 26, 2004

FEELING BETTER

I went to the doctor on saturday and found out I was suffering from acute rhinosinusitis with pharyngitis. he gave me antibiotics and some mucolytic. so that's the story of why i was feeling so rotten. anyway, on to meatier things...

POINTLESS NOSTALGIC

I bought Jamie Cullum's older album today, Pointless Nostalgic. There were only 3 on stock at Tower Records so goodbye savings. It was somewhat better in the sense that it sounded jazzier than the newer album, TwentySomething. The thing is, he has more of his own songs in the new album. He has exactly two in Pointless. I like both albums and I can't really decide which one's better because I think the two albums exist on different planes. TwentySomething will appeal to the pop crowd (Buble' followers) and Pointless will appeal more to the oldies blues jazz crowd, although the music isn't exactly blues (i think). The constant thing about him though is his excellent piano playing in both albums. It's why I like him so much. He's a mean piano player.

I recently found out that Jamie Cullum's also known as "The Jazz Hobbit." He's 5'2", my friend told me. I just find it amusing.

Comments

Popular Posts